The major concern of food industry is freshness, speed and on-time delivery. Basically the demand for fresh food is high in market which drives the food business sales and revenue. People mostly rely on grab-and-go offerings from their grocers and convenience stores. To meet these needs, transportation service providers like VTL guarantees that fresh food deliveries will be on time with built-in flexibility.
Gherkin is a pickled cucumber which is left for fermentation over a period of time. Pickled cucumbers are often part of mixed pickles which is being prepared by immersing the cucumbers in an acidic solution or through souring by lacto-fermentation. They are usually stored in jars or cans with vinegar with the length of 4 to 8 cm, or it can be preserved in brine. VTL exports Gherkin in bulk form of about 220 litres which is packed in food grade H.D.P.E. drums (High Density Poly Ethylene). This is later repacked by the importers into smaller jars or containers which is processed for ready-to-eat consumer packs. VTL Team Experts’ pro-actively maintains the quality standard of supply chain process. This covers majority of processing units such as HACCP/ISO/BRC etc. as per the requirement of importers.
India Facts and Figures
The country has exported 220939.2 MT of Cucumber & Gherkin to the worldwide partners for the worth of Rs. 1285.22 crores / 199.5 USD Millions during the year 2017-18.
The major Export Destinations (2017-18): U S A, Belgium, Spain, France and Russia.
Mango pulp is the inner fleshy yellow part of mango. The Pulp of mango can be easily extracted by peeling any variety of mango which is obtained by crushing it using juice mixer. Usually fully matured Mangoes are harvested, quickly transported to the fruit processing plant, inspected and washed. The fully ripened mango fruits are then washed, blanched, pulped, deseeded, centrifuged, homogenized, concentrated when required, thermally processed and aseptically filled maintaining sterility. The preparation process includes de-stoning, refining cutting, and packing. The frozen mango pulp is pasteurized and deep-frozen in plate freezers. This process ensures that the natural flavor and aroma of the fruit is retained in the final product. Mango Pulp/Concentrate is packed for conversion to juices, nectars, drinks, jams, fruit cheese and various other kinds of beverages. It can also be used in puddings, bakery fillings, fruit meals for children and flavors for food and beverage industry which makes the most delicious ice creams, yoghurt and confectionery.
The main varieties of Mango Pulp are Alphonso Mango Pulp, Totapuri Mango Pulp, Kesar Mango Pulp.
Areas of Cultivation and Processing
The two major cluster of Mango Pulp is processed around 65 units with a good backward linkage of Alphonso and Totapuri with a variety of mangoes. These clusters are majorly found in Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh and Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. Along with that, some of the processing units are in the state of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
India Facts and Figures
India is a major exporter of Mango Pulp in the world level. The country has exported 110923.73 MT of Mango Pulp to worldwide partners for the worth of Rs. 673.92 crores / 104.54 USD Millions during the year 2017-18.
Major Export Destinations (2017-18): Saudi Arab, Yemen Republic, Netherland, U K and Kuwait.
In addition to this, Our Value-Added Services includes
- A temperature controlled supply chain visibility (uninterrupted cold chain for both fleet and warehousing)
- Flexible vendor pickups and just-in-time delivery
- Dynamic routing and transportation management
- Ensure Product Integrity and Security
- Sophisticated equipment tracking
- An understanding of store and vendor requirements
- Delivery coordination between vendors, DC and stores
- Local sourcing of the freshest products
- Time Phased Replenishment Planning
- Meeting Regulatory Compliance
- Increasing Productivity/Lowering Operating Costs
- Manage Lower Margins
- Fishery products
- Livestock product management
- Other processed foods, including beverages
- Sophisticated inventory control measures: lot, batch, FEFO and expiration date management, etc.
- Flexible inventory allocation rules
- Powerful task management/task interleaving
- Build pallets by item mass / strength
- Yard and dock door management
- Retail compliance (labeling, documentation, PTI, GS1, EDI)
- Optimizes facility and labor resources
- Completely integrated voice technology support
- Mobile applications for route drivers
- Food and Beverage order management
- Complete product traceability for effective authentication, verification and shipping
- Streamlined in-bound logistics with higher shipping accuracy, reduce inventory
- Centralize distribution channels, achieve transparent, timely and accurate visibility of deliveries and returnable assets
- RFID support